Ocean and Geneva Corridor Design Plan
Project status: complete
Ocean Avenue is a key pedestrian, bicycle, and transit connection between the Balboa Park BART and Muni Station, Balboa Park, San Francisco City College Main Campus, Lick-Wilmerding High School, Phelan Loop Muni terminal, and the Ocean Avenue commercial district. The planning phase of the project concluded in March 2015 with the publication of The Ocean and Geneva Corridor Design Final Report . The construction phase of the project was completed in July 2016. For more information, visit San Francisco Public Works' Ocean Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project page.
In conjunction and collaboration with San Francisco Public Works and San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (SFMTA), the Ocean Avenue Corridor Design project:
- Identified streetscape improvements that can be implemented in the near term on Ocean Avenue from Manor Drive to Phelan Avenue with funding that has been allocated from the Road Repaving and Streets Safety Bond (Prop B)
- Developed a longer term vision and implementation plan for Ocean Avenue from Phelan Avenue to San Jose Avenue.
A significant amount of planning and study has been done for the Balboa Park area and Ocean Avenue, including circulation studies, design concepts, conceptual engineering, and initial recommendations.
Final Open House
- Workshop Boards:
- Event Flyer | Espanol | 中文
Public Workshop #4
- Design Board
- Streetscape and Greening Plan
- Pedestrian and Bike Counts
- Workshop Survey - Now closed - thanks to all participants!
- Workshop Summary < Large File
- Event Flyer ( 中文 )
Public Workshop #3
- Near-Term Streetscape Project - Conceptual Design
- Existing Conditions
- What We Heard
- Ocean Avenue Framework Map
- Balboa Park Station Area Projects
- Event Flyer ( 中文 )
Public Workshop #2 (May 14, 2014)
Event Flyer ( 中文 )
- Public Workshop Summary - Long-Term Improvements
- Public Workshop Summary - Near-Term Improvements
- What we heard
- Workshop #2 Survey - Now closed - thanks to all participants!
Site Walk (March 8, 2014)
Public Workshop #1 (March 12, 2014)
Public Workshop - Final Presentation (03/12/2014)
- Public Workshop Summary
- Activity 1: Scans
- Activity 2: Scans
- Activity 3: Scans
- Public Workshop - Feedback Form
Site Walk and Workshop #1 Announcements
The Ocean Corridor Design were built on the analysis and recommendations of previous City related efforts, including:
- Balboa Park Station Area Plan (Planning Department)
- San Francisco Bicycle Plan (SFMTA)
- Balboa Park Station Pedestrian and Bicycle Connection Project (SFMTA)
- Balboa Park Station Capacity Study (SFMTA)
- Balboa Park Station Area Circulation Study (SFCTA)
- Transit Effectiveness Project (SFMTA)
For more information, visit San Francisco Public Works' Ocean Avenue Streetscape Improvement Project page.